NML wrote:
I am making some progress, at least I think I am. I installed using the Debian install but now I am unable to get the Wireless card to talk to my network. this is odd, during the boot up process the NIC lights are blinking and when I log in to the desktop the lights are still blinking for a few min then go off. both the NIC and wireless config wizards are aware of the NIC.
The boot up process is so fast I can't see if there are any errors or problems.
Any ideas?
Just to let you know, I am having the exact same problem with a cisco 340 pcmcia on a presario 2100
I have fiddled with iwconfig, ifconfig, etc.
I can see the AP. and wavemon says everything is correct and bits are flying. But there seems to be some confusion on the systems part about the difference between eth0 and wifi0. In other words I can configure eth0 exactly as if it were the card and it behaves just like the wifi card...except none of the apps can get connected to the net. I can do the same things with wifi0 *except* I cant manually config IP addresses and such.

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99
LaCie Rugged SSD 1TB Portable SSD USB3.1 Gen2 IP67 Waterproof
$475.00