*it was aireplay not airepeat - fixed*
bump... anyone?
Hey guys, everyone on this forum has always been very knowledgeable so I thought I would throw this out there:
I am trying to audit my company's WEP security. Mainly, I want to prove to them how incredibly easy it is to crack WEP, and that they should switch to something a little more secure like WPA.
I'm running my HP ZE4560US laptop with my built-in wifi card and a Linksys WPC11 v.3 PCMCIA card. Kismet works with the Linksys card, and I use the built-in wireless with ndiswrapper and bcmwl5a.inf just so that i can use the internet to check on stuff while I try to crack with the Linksys card.
What I've learned from this site says that I can use aireplay to pick up and retransmit an ARP request packet thousands of times and thereby speed up the packet collecting process from hours/days to minutes. The problem is that my linksys card registers as eth1 and the aireplay program asks for cards in the wlanXap format which apparently can only be achieved with some HostAP hocus pocus. I'm not familiar with HostAP. Can someone explain what I need to do to get my eth1 linksys card into wlanXap format?
*it was aireplay not airepeat - fixed*
bump... anyone?

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive
$29.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99