-
Senior Member
registered user
V3.2-2003-04-09
- Bugfix/Workaround: Use mousedev for ALL USB-mice (hopefully fixes some
problems that were reported with USB mice)
- Deleted most of the Gnome 1 stuff due to space problems. Gone (until
a Gnome2 version exists and fits): evolution, libguppi16, gcdmaster,
gnome-games and kino
- Added Flash-Installer from Fabian Franz (KNOPPIX -> Utilities)
- Added alsa-Option and drivers (untested), contributed by Fabian Franz.
You can now boot with knoppix alsa=es1938 (for an es1938-based card),
or just "knoppix alsa" for autodetection, to try if your soundcard
works better with ALSA. ALSA is known to hang or freeze the system
with some boards. Use at your own risk.
- Update for the german KNOPPIX-talk (PDF)
-
so long gnome... and thanx for the ph1sh
i'm an ex-gnomist myself!
felt so concerned and proud and everything about that pure-GNU desktop project...used it for a few years, upgrading, breaking, reinstalling, etc... everything on a regular basis... but after a few long years... let's face it: as for a *desktop usage* (i mean to be used by a lambda-user, windows-used, no-computer-geek people) it's way less convenient and unified than kde!
i tested on a from-scratch debian... just asking for evolution brings you about 30 packages and libs and headers and stuff...
on the other hand, the knoppix all-kde interface is so neaty and eye-candyesque that any "desktop user" will go "wow!" when seeing it
(and kmail and the rest of the suite seem to do very much of evolution's job anyway!)
so... will there be a party to celebrate the MB earned in that deal of getting rid of the gnome? how much was it exactly? will there be room for a few xmms skinz now?
-
_jz_, looks like you are trying to get flamed by all of those radical genomists
I agree that KDE is a much better environment in most ways. Still, too bad about Evolution. Even with its Genome look, I still think its Linux's best counterpart to Outlook.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am also KDE centric, but I think the Gnome issue is not good. I will go mad if Gnomemeeting doesn't make it back onto Knoppix.
-
inconsistency of MD5 sum about English Version
dd8af77e3aaf523094d78cbcb522d6c8 *KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-09-EN2.iso
I make the md5 sum from 2 copies downloaded from different sites. They are the same and different from the official one.
-
Re: inconsistency of MD5 sum about English Version

Originally Posted by
jefftong
dd8af77e3aaf523094d78cbcb522d6c8 *KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-09-EN2.iso
I make the md5 sum from 2 copies downloaded from different sites. They are the same and different from the official one.

Same for the German version - I calculate this MD5 (for two downloaded versions I get the same):
ab5e50d42ed070dad3cf74bb1df0faaa *KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-09-DE.iso
which differs from the supplied MD5-file:
f584f61c5cc04e76613c385e93f18178 *KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-09-DE.iso

So I ran a "knoppix testcd" from the bootprompt. This results in an "OK":
Can anybody confirm the MD5-differences with the current version?
Greetings from Germany: WOK.
--
http://www.derwok.de
-
broken installl
The EN iso i got brakes big time when you try to do hdd install. A bunch of stuff fails to write to the disk. '
'
I have tied multiple burners and different PCs to no avail.
-
Hmm in that case I'll wait a bit, the 28-3 3.2 is running very well, I still haven't
burned the 30 version yet. So far I've only noticed two problems.
My usb gps can hang 3.1 (should be solved with gpsdrive 1.32 not tried yet)
And that my playback of movies from cd is sometimes a bit jerky (Xine and
Mplayer same problem......)
No other problems. I'm very happy with it. I'm typing this from the 3.2
v23-03 on a Satelite 4090 (my toshiba test notebook) and it runs nicely.
I can only say Keep up the Good Work Klaus!
because knoppix did
what I wanted, it took me back to Linux and I love it.
L8tr.... Tom "Penguin Powered but Zenit Adjusted"
-
-
Junior Member
registered user
can you belive that http://source.rfc822.org/pub/mirror/...3-04-09-DE.iso is Inglish ISO
Yep i can`t to
when i unfortunnaly downlaod IT! i see it with my eyes
Similar Threads
-
By kx14386 in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
-
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
-
By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
-
Replies: 16
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 03:06 AM
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Lot of 18 Mixed Brands PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM
$2879.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4-2400 ECC RDIMM Server RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-UH Tested
$235.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55