Hello,

i've got the Knoppix3.8 with QEMU (from c't) and can run it successfully on my Notebook (MSI S260).

Now i want to do the following and perhaps someone can help me?

I've got the CD-Image lying on my Windows-Partition and made it available as virtual-CD-ROM to start QEMU without having a real CD-ROM.

The only problem is, that Knoppix always will detect hardware upon starting which needs quite some time.

I already created a virtulal disc image, lying on my NTFS-partition which is mounted unter QEMU as /dev/hdb

Is it now possible to store the recognized hardware and settings to this partition to speed up Boottime and have some persistent working directory?
Or would i have to use the Knoppix-HD-Install inside QEMU?

I would prefer not to install Knoppix completely because its now quite compact and small and the only thing i want is to remember configurations and have some persistent space inside QEMU.

The strange thing is, that if i use qtparted the virtual disc image /dev/hdb (which is a image file under windows) shows up as /UNIONFS/dev/hdb and perhaps is not really persistent but writes to ramdisc? I dont know....
Using fdisk and mkfs however seems to work as i can access the new drive until next reboot.

Thankx for every comment

Species8372