-
Another linux noob...
I finally took the time to go get a distro of linux and try it out, I've heard that its awesome for a while and wanted to test drive it. I'm running the knoppix live cd on my laptop and it seems to go fine. I've got a HP Pavilion dv1010us, the only thing I'm not sure is how to get myself on the wireless network with the built in card. I saw somewhere about a wireless tool package, but being new to linux not real sure what to make of it all.
Also, when running linux with GUI, the screen needs a higher refresh rate. Is there anything I can do about this?
Similar Threads
-
By van8888 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2005, 07:07 AM
-
By justinscouting in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 09:45 AM
-
By Catdaemon in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 04:30 AM
-
By evirus in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 05:35 PM
-
By koma in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco UCS-ML-Y64G4RT-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0RB900093151D7AA3
$1495.00

Cisco UCS-ML-Y64G4RT-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0R8000009151D9D11
$1495.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00