-
Problems with the installation CD´s
Hi all;
I am writting to this forum, because I have a strange problem with
some of the Linux distributions I have been testing in my PC.
I am a bit surprised, because Knoppix works increbibly well and I haven´t had
a problem with it.
Let´s see:
1.- The problem is only with the x86_64 compiled distros.
2.- Ubuntu (Debian based) and Fedora Core, start the instalation, but
at the very beginning, after two steps of the instalation process, the CD
tries to continue reading data, but it can´t and the CD finish stopped.
The instalation is not freezed, it responds to the "Enter" key. But
you can´t do anything else to restart. I can not install this distros.
It is like the install progran wouldn´t recognize my CD driver.
3.- My CD driver is a common and simple one. works perfectly with Knoppix,
Mandrake, and of course Windows
. It can read also the Gentoo instalation
CD for x86_64, but I find this distro too hard for a newbie like me 
4.- The cd´s I have tried of the distros mentioned above were well downloaded and burnt,
even the ubuntu one was original ¡¡¡
Everyone tends to say it´s a failure of the Cd´s, but I am convinced it´s due to
another reason. Anyone has suffered the same???
I am lookin forward to your answers.
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By jdoutt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-02-2008, 11:53 PM
-
By Redux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 08:03 AM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By towaes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:00 AM
-
By epsilonmirror in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4
$1840.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19