Sometimes acpi=off can help. This help to me.
I am using Knoppix 3.6. and 3.7 without any network problems with always the same standard hardware (= Intel network card).
Now: Booting Knoppix 3.8 stops at eth0, DHCP broadcast - nothing is going on. There is a DSL router with DHCP server.
Finally I found the parameter [nodhcp] and used it, but after starting Knoppix I cannot install the network card by hand. The system freezes totally after the input of the correct static IP addresses.
Sometimes acpi=off can help. This help to me.
I've tried - no solution, sorry...
nevertheless thanks a lot!

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$693.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00