Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: wireless

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    12

    wireless

    I have a wireless network that I've been testing Knoppix with and I keep encountering problems with encryption.
    The wireless router has default values and DHCP disabled, I assign an IP address to a client in knoppix and can ping the wireless router.
    I can set the SSID to hide on the wireless router and when I shutdown both interfaces (eth0, wifi0) then enable them again and ping the wireless router it works.

    Then I set the encryption on the AP to 64 bit with ASCII phrase "passw".

    In knoppix I do iwconfig wifi0 key sassw[4] to set the encryption to "passw" on key 4, I've tried this on both interfaces, both when shut down and enabled again but still I can't ping the wireless router.
    When I do iwconfig wifi0 the config displays the IP address, encryption as hashes, the correct MAC for AP so I don't know why it's not working.

    The wireless client card is cisco aironet, the problems only arise when trying to use encryption.

    Any help appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Evergreen,Co
    Posts
    28
    Why don't you just use the Knoppix wavelan setup? I am on a wireless router right now. Initially I had the same problem as you do. I looked at iwconfig and everything was perfect but no go online. I too thought it was encryption. Solved by "pump -i eth1"

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    71
    If I understand the man page correctly, you should enter iwconfig wifi0 key [4] to make your key number 4 the active key. Maybe that's all what's missing?

    Tom

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    12
    I have used the wavelan setup and it does not work either, I've also tried iwconfig wifi0 key [4] but no success, besides, using that command you don't enter the encryption phrase, just the key number.
    My configuration needs to contain the encryption phrase, using windows NT I set up a wireless client by entering the phrase into a profile, it should be similar no matter what Operating System is used.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
  3. No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?
    By sparticus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
  4. No wireless extensions with Zonet USB wireless w/knoppix 3.4
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$74.99



Samsung 860 PRO  2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health

$187.00