-
Junior Member
registered user
wireless
I have a wireless network that I've been testing Knoppix with and I keep encountering problems with encryption.
The wireless router has default values and DHCP disabled, I assign an IP address to a client in knoppix and can ping the wireless router.
I can set the SSID to hide on the wireless router and when I shutdown both interfaces (eth0, wifi0) then enable them again and ping the wireless router it works.
Then I set the encryption on the AP to 64 bit with ASCII phrase "passw".
In knoppix I do iwconfig wifi0 key s
assw[4] to set the encryption to "passw" on key 4, I've tried this on both interfaces, both when shut down and enabled again but still I can't ping the wireless router.
When I do iwconfig wifi0 the config displays the IP address, encryption as hashes, the correct MAC for AP so I don't know why it's not working.
The wireless client card is cisco aironet, the problems only arise when trying to use encryption.
Any help appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50