-
Knoppix 4.0 DVD only boots from VMWARE
Here's the problem...
I downloaded the Knoppix 4.0 DVD ISO and burned it on a DVD using Nero. Then, I tried using it. I inserted the disk into my USB DVD drive and as I restarted my computer, the light that indicates that it is trying to autorun blinked, as it is supposed to. Then instead of going into Knoppix, it just went right into Windows. Oh, this is a HP ZE5185 by the way, and the image was burned correctly. It does boot from CDs, because earlier versions of Knoppix had worked on it. I tried it on the other computer, which also has previously booted from Knoppix, but it also didn't work, and that is a HP 7850. Then I made sure that I hadn't done the dumb mistake of just burning the ISO onto the disk, and I didn't. I started VMWARE and inserted the disk...and magically, it worked...How did it possibly not boot when I restarted? Why DID it boot when I used VMWARE? What do I do?
oh yeah...and tell me if you want more information...
Edit: Due to the lack of help...time to experiment more...oh well...thanks anyway...
Similar Threads
-
By whitesky009 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
-
By dohpaz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-24-2006, 05:32 AM
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 06:20 AM
-
By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By j0x in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

Vintage Apple iMac M5221 2000~For Parts Or Repair Only
$229.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple iMac G3 M5521 OS X 600MHz 256MB 40GB (2001) CRT 2001
$175.00

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord
$49.99

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99