-
Chinese localization has to much space between characters
Hi,
I am working on a Chinese localization of Knoppix. There seems to be a problem with the standrad values set by knoppix-autoconfig:
cn)
# Simplified Chinese version
COUNTRY="cn"
LANG="zh_CN.GB2312"
KEYTABLE="us"
XKEYBOARD="us"
KDEKEYBOARD="us"
CHARSET="gb2312.1980-0"
# Additional KDE Keyboards
KDEKEYBOARDS="us,de,fr"
XMODIFIERS="@im=Chinput"
TZ="Asia/Shanghai"
With these settings, the space between characters (both ASCII and Chinese) is huge and the layout of icons and everything that I designed for German is disturbed.
I was told that this is the same with Knoppix 3.8.
Is there anything that could be done about this?
I found out that changing LC_ALL in the running Knoppix helps. xterms and Konsole pop up with proper spacing.
I changed LANG to de_DE.utf-8 in knoppix-autoconfig and things seem to work. But chances are high that I break something I do not know of by making such changes.
Any ideas?
Thanks and greetings
Stefan
Similar Threads
-
By joakimk in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-01-2007, 10:54 AM
-
By subodh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-26-2006, 12:04 PM
-
By lovetide in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 05:23 PM
-
By AnotherOne in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 09:21 PM
-
By markleong in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 02:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95