Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Simple Question on KDE on Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    Simple Question on KDE on Knoppix

    Folks,
    I am trying to remaster Knoppix with a minor modification to the KDE "Application Lauch" panel. I need to add a shortcut to a test application I wrote. Also I would like remove some of the default applications (e.g. Mozilla) etc that already part of the Application Launch panel.

    Any pointers?
    Thanks much,
    Nic

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    When I remaster I do this all the time as I like to have firefox, kate, & gaim in the application launcher taskbar. I would recommend the HOWTO I wrote HOWTO: Remaster the easy way using menu based scripts. About two thirds into the HOWTO I mention how you go about logging in as the user knoppix and running startx to bring up KDE. In this KDE session you can customize as much as you want since all the changes are saved to the /home/knoppix/.kde/ location. Then once you are done with all your customizations, you move /home/knoppix to /etc/skel so that it is all saved for future use.

    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. just a simple question :P ( well kind of..)
    By dr_s99 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:54 AM
  2. Simple DNS question...
    By RandomGoon in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:59 AM
  3. Simple Question...
    By SnipingWolF in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:27 AM
  4. simple Noob Question
    By zombi3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-25-2003, 07:05 AM
  5. very simple apt-get question.
    By VeeDubb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$374.48



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00