-
Simple Question on KDE on Knoppix
Folks,
I am trying to remaster Knoppix with a minor modification to the KDE "Application Lauch" panel. I need to add a shortcut to a test application I wrote. Also I would like remove some of the default applications (e.g. Mozilla) etc that already part of the Application Launch panel.
Any pointers?
Thanks much,
Nic
-
Senior Member
registered user
When I remaster I do this all the time as I like to have firefox, kate, & gaim in the application launcher taskbar. I would recommend the HOWTO I wrote HOWTO: Remaster the easy way using menu based scripts. About two thirds into the HOWTO I mention how you go about logging in as the user knoppix and running startx to bring up KDE. In this KDE session you can customize as much as you want since all the changes are saved to the /home/knoppix/.kde/ location. Then once you are done with all your customizations, you move /home/knoppix to /etc/skel so that it is all saved for future use.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By dr_s99 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:54 AM
-
By RandomGoon in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:59 AM
-
By SnipingWolF in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By zombi3 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 07:05 AM
-
By VeeDubb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC
$115.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50