-
Several easy questions -- help
Hi,
I'm new to linux and coming from WinXp, I should learn it the safe(lazy) way - booting the OS off the CD. I have several questions, so I don't really know where to post except on the General Support forum.
I downloaded the normal Knoppix 3.7 edition. It works fine on my IBM Laptop, all except wireless network. It boots up fine on my desktop machine (p42.4, 1g ram, Nvidia 5900 Geforce, Samsung LCD) but KDE blows up -- display is corrupted although the system still runs.
I have a few questions:
1. I love how Knoppix is so portable and can boot off any computer with a CD-Rom drive, however, I noticed that setting-changes I made are not saved. How do I save my settings so on the next boot, I do not have to reconfigure Linux/KDE?
2. I'm using Linksys WRT54G wirless adaptor on my laptop. Currently it is not auto-detect. I don't know how to enable it. I read that Knoppix 3.8 will solve this problem. Any advice? Also where can I get a copy of 3.8? Can't seem to find it on the download pages.
3. What is the difference between the normal Knoppix and the Knoppix game edition?
4. How do I solve the problem with my desktop?
I do not plan to install Linux on my HD until I am 100% comfortable with it.
Thanks for all the help.
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
4. How do I solve the problem with my desktop?
At boot, type: knoppix screen=(put here something different from your bad display resolution, for me, it is 800x600) No experience with LCD display though! You better press F2 or F3 to get some help at boot!
I do not plan to install Linux on my HD until I am 100% comfortable with it.
This is good stance.
Similar Threads
-
By borabora in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2006, 10:31 AM
-
By under in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 05:58 PM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 02:50 PM
-
By Xorpid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By a.lost.soul in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed
$466.65

Juniper JPSU-1600-C-AC-AFO 1600W AC Power Supply EX4400 AFO Airflow
$155.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99

Juniper Networks JNP204/MX204 Universal Edge Router
$8500.00

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$345.97