Quote Originally Posted by dave932932
...So I got it from bittorrent ... 698Mb file to the CD as an ISO image. Obviously the CD is not bootable. ...(Using Sonic RecordNow!)
You might want to review the downloading faq found by following the documentation link at the top of his page. Since you got the iso by Bittorrent is is very unlikely that is is corrupt. Still, if this is one of the Official downloads by Bittorrent then you got an MD5 file with it, it wouldn't hurt to confirm that the file is good. You say that you burnt the ISO as an image, which is what you need to do. I don't know anything about Sonic Record Now! so I can only assume that it has that feature and it works correctly. Just as a check you might want to insert the CD into a Windows system and confirm that you can see the Knoppix file structure on the CD (not just one ISO file). If Windows autostart is turned on then it should open an information page in a browser too. The vintage of motherboard that you are using should certainly boot a CD, so I don't see that as an issue. The only other thing I can think of is that we have seen problems booting CDs that were burnt at high speed. See these threads for just a sample of the discussion on this: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17788 and http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=78925#78925
My suggestion would be to burn again at a slow speed like 4x (or even burn to a 700 meg CDRW), and if you have other burning software available try that (or download the 30 day free trial of Nero).

P.S. - Also try booting in the other drive if you have not already.