-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
dave932932
Well, I tried pulling the files one-by-one and it prompted if I wanted to recored the contents of the ISO image! Yes!
NO! Go back and re-read all of the above.

Originally Posted by
dave932932
but I only dragged the biggest ISO image as it immediately started burning a disc.
You never drag the ISO into burning software. You must open it. I have no idea what you are using that "immediately started burning a disc", I've never seen Nero start burning a disk before being told to. But something very wrong is happening here.

Originally Posted by
dave932932
Do I need the MD5 file or the other checksums to boot the disc?
The md5 file is only used to confirm the ISO is good before burning (many downloads from the mirrors are not good). It is not burnt to the CD and can be deleted after you confirm the md5 sum matches what you calculate.

Originally Posted by
dave932932
I think a medium speed should work and I do not have any rewritable media(
At least until you get a working disc, it should be burnt as slow as your software and drive will support, 4x is ideal, 8x only if your burner and software will go no lower. Do not burn faster. See http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17788 and http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=78925#78925 if you want examples of why. And if you haven't burnt yet then don't, go back and reread everything here, from what you say in this post you likely are either doing something wrong or are playing an April Fools joke.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Storwize V5000E V5030E SAN Storage Control Enclosure Server w/ Dual 02PX517
$1249.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99