-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
dave932932
Okay, well the folder that came from BitTorrent had several files in it, all of them having an .iso extension. I saw that one was a filename.iso.md5 and that was the checksum. ....
The tendency to put .iso. in some files is an unfortunate consequence of the newer MS files systems that let multiple dots, spaces, and other things that don't belong in file name into them. But the extension is always the last part of the name, after the last dot. There should have been only one file with an ISO extension in what you downloaded.

Originally Posted by
dave932932
... So there really was only one .iso file the main image with 200 bytes - 1KB checksums and the text file with the read-me. ...
Sorry, the way this is worded I can't quite understand it.

Originally Posted by
dave932932
...downloaded some nero crippleware and there were no menus for burning images............
All Nero software I've seen has had an option to burn an ISO. But as I indicated you do have to look around the page for it if you use the Nero for Dummies version, it's there but easy to miss. But it sounds like you found a good way to make the burn.

Originally Posted by
dave932932
...So far everything is okay and nothing seems missing even though I set the recording speed to 24x. ....
I never said that all burns at such a speed would always be bad, but we see more booting problems the higher the burn speed is. High speed burns often boot fine on some system but slowly or not at all on others. My best advice is still to burn your ISO slowly, but I'm most concerned in giving such advice to those trying to get their first burns working; they hardly need additional problems from a high speed burn. If you think high speed burns are working for you then go ahead and keep burning that way, at least you should be able to spot if it becomes a problem (beware of slow booting that still seems to work). I would still urge a slow speed burn if you give away a Knoppix CD to someone.

Originally Posted by
tdjokic
Which Knoppix do you have, 3.8 or? There is Mozilla or Firefox in Knoppix, you don't need to use Konqueror for surfing, but it is OK as File manager.
He indicated he downloade from a torrent and got multiple files including an md5 sum. This likely means he used the official torrent and got 3.7. I haven't downloaded all the unofficial torrents of 3.8 but I have downloaded the English one and it does not include an md5 sum. So my guess would be 3.7. He seems to be happy with his browser though.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99

Lot of 3 SK HYNIX 16GB 1RX4 PC4-2666V-RC2-11 DDR4 Server MEMORY HMA82GR7AFR4N-VK
$180.00

SAMSUNG M386A8K40BM2-CTD 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 MEMORY
$270.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00