-
Re: Does the system boot w/o the 802.11 card?

Originally Posted by
4season
If not, then I wonder if your basic card services are flakey. I had LOTS of problems with the system freezing solid until I fixed that. Do an lspci and find out what CardBus chip your notebook uses: My Toshiba Satellite 1115-S103 uses a the 02 Micro OZ6933 which is NOT correctly supported by Knoppix 3.2. My Orinoco-based Speedstream SS1021 card would light up and Cardmgr would appear to run, but the card wasn't recognized, and any attempt to eject, shut down or restart the card would cause the system to hang.
The solution for me was to recompile the kernel with all PCMCIA support turned off. I then applied PCMCIA-CS-3.2.3 separately (orinoco_cs appears to be broken in 3.2.4). I had to edit /etc/modules and change "yenta_socket" to "i82365". At this point, I could shut down and eject cards just fine but the card wasn't being recognized. From there, it was a relatively simple matter of polling the card for it's hardware ID info and entering that into the appropriate data files. Result: 802.11b services work great!
The system doesn't boot either w/ or w/o the 802.11 card. BTW, it is not a notebook if that matters. Just a standalone Dell 8100 box.
I did an lspci and it shows:
- 02:0b.0 CardBus Bridge: TI PCI1225 (rev 01)
02:0b.1 CardBus Bridge: TI PCI1225 (rev 01)
I am hoping to avoid having to recompile kernels, etc.
Then I lose the joy of Knoppix...
Any other thoughts?
Similar Threads
-
By Gobitron in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
-
By karloss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 08:59 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:40 AM
-
By averylowiq in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By dnt in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56