-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, I can pretty safely say that this wasn't caused by me opening any kind of bad attachment in an email. I am quite alert to these kinds of things, though I DO use Microsoft Outlook Express (but will no longer once I get back up and running, when I move to Thunderbird). I have had spyware issues in the past but had completely rid myself of anything residing on my computer that shouldn't have been there. Norton Antivirus was up to date as well, and I have never run into any virus/trojan issues in the past, but you never know these days. Though, this was a pretty new computer, so I felt it was pretty clean....
The laptop should have only one hard drive, but 2 partitions...a C and a D.....total of 80Gb hard drive....
How do I tell if the disks are spinning? When I startup, it sounds like a normal startup, and I get my VAIO screen, and it usually sits there for a bit before coming up with the OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND screen....so it sounds like the disks are spinning. How can I tell if they are identifying themselves to the BIOS?
What partition software should I use to see what it the partition table looks like....though I must admit, I have no clue what a partition table is SUPPOSED to look like....what would happen if I just tried to run gpart right now?
*edit*
Helix is now finished downloading.....should I burn and attempt to work with it rather than Knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By Chris2222 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
-
By adamj in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2007, 10:47 PM
-
By dagatorman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2006, 02:11 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By thebyrd in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested
$499.99

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99