I recently switched monitors (from a sylvania CRT to a sylvania flat LCD). Now after the grub or lilo screens and the boot process is running the text at boot is fuzzy, displayed twice (split verticaly). The monitor reports unsuported mode. The same happens with the live cd. In all, the system only displays this during the boot process and operates normally once booted. If I load Lbreakout2 the problem reapears. I have tried vga=normal, nofb, fb1024x768, fb800x600, xserver=xfree86, and xserver=XF86_vga. I have even tried to tell it the vsync and hsync rates but w/o success. I think it has to do with the xserver or the vsync and hsync rates during boot. Anybody have any idea what I can do?

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1694.85
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$441.77
Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$519.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Samsung T9 1TB, External (MU-PG1T0B/AM) Solid Slate Drive
$188.99