Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Tiny Tiny Fonts???

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11

    Tiny Tiny Fonts???

    I just did a new install of Knoppix 3.7 and I'm running KDE. I installed it over at my brother's house on a 21" monitor and it automatically chose to run a 1600x1200 resolution. I brought it home and plugged it into my 19" monitor and changed the resolution to 1024x786. All of the images got bigger, but the fonts are all extremely tiny. I've messed with every setting possible and nothing will change it. If I up the font sizes in the control center to like 18, they get bigger on the toolbars and stuff, but when I launch a program like FireFox, they are all still small. I even tried running kxconfig and it didn't change anything. Does anyone have a fix for this?

    I really hate windows and don't want to go back, but I can't read the stupid lettering!!!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120

    Re: Tiny Tiny Fonts???

    Quote Originally Posted by ackelley
    I up the font sizes in the control center to like 18, they get bigger on the toolbars and stuff, but when I launch a program like FireFox, they are all still small.
    That's because KDE, and Firefox use two totally different toolkits to draw stuff like fonts. You can change firefox's font settings in edit->preferences->general->fonts & color.

    Or you can also change the fonts for any other gtk app (firefox uses gtk2.x) with by right clicking on the desktop, and running switch (for gtk1.x), or switch2 (for gtk2.x).

Similar Threads

  1. Puppy Linux -- A Tiny KNOPPIX?
    By jTan in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 05:18 AM
  2. Want to create a tiny server distro
    By imclaren in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 05:17 PM
  3. question bout a tiny knoppix build
    By m_daize in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 05:54 AM
  4. Tiny Knoppix HD install?
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:46 PM
  5. I got it working! now i a small little tiny problem...
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD picture

HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD

$17000.00



HP ProLiant DL380 Gen 11 - 2x Xeon Gold 6th Gen - 512 GB DDR5 - 2x 800 GB HDD picture

HP ProLiant DL380 Gen 11 - 2x Xeon Gold 6th Gen - 512 GB DDR5 - 2x 800 GB HDD

$15000.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU picture

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU

$279.99



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Dell Precision T3500 Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz 24GB NO HDD picture

Dell Precision T3500 Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz 24GB NO HDD

$199.99



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99