Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Tiny Tiny Fonts???

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11

    Tiny Tiny Fonts???

    I just did a new install of Knoppix 3.7 and I'm running KDE. I installed it over at my brother's house on a 21" monitor and it automatically chose to run a 1600x1200 resolution. I brought it home and plugged it into my 19" monitor and changed the resolution to 1024x786. All of the images got bigger, but the fonts are all extremely tiny. I've messed with every setting possible and nothing will change it. If I up the font sizes in the control center to like 18, they get bigger on the toolbars and stuff, but when I launch a program like FireFox, they are all still small. I even tried running kxconfig and it didn't change anything. Does anyone have a fix for this?

    I really hate windows and don't want to go back, but I can't read the stupid lettering!!!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120

    Re: Tiny Tiny Fonts???

    Quote Originally Posted by ackelley
    I up the font sizes in the control center to like 18, they get bigger on the toolbars and stuff, but when I launch a program like FireFox, they are all still small.
    That's because KDE, and Firefox use two totally different toolkits to draw stuff like fonts. You can change firefox's font settings in edit->preferences->general->fonts & color.

    Or you can also change the fonts for any other gtk app (firefox uses gtk2.x) with by right clicking on the desktop, and running switch (for gtk1.x), or switch2 (for gtk2.x).

Similar Threads

  1. Puppy Linux -- A Tiny KNOPPIX?
    By jTan in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 05:18 AM
  2. Want to create a tiny server distro
    By imclaren in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 05:17 PM
  3. question bout a tiny knoppix build
    By m_daize in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 05:54 AM
  4. Tiny Knoppix HD install?
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:46 PM
  5. I got it working! now i a small little tiny problem...
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$714.99



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX picture

X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX

$42.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00