-
Junior Member
registered user
how to create bootable CD under knoppix 3.7?
Knoppix 3.7 provides K3B to write CDs. Pretty nifty tool but I can't see any way to make the CD bootable.
I've searched google extensively. All I can find on this is to use project->edit boot images however this does not make the CD bootable. It still creates a file system on the CD and installs the iso image as a file under /boot. Not useful.
What am I missing?
Thanks,
dd
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
You might want to tell us more about what you are trying to do. K3b certainly can burn bootable CDs; it can burn Knoppix after all. And we can all guess what type of a system Knoppix was created on. But making a bootable disk is a more complicated issue that just checking a box saying "make it bootable". If you give more information on what you want to do then others are more likely to be able to point you in the right direction.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
You might want to tell us more about what you are trying to do. K3b certainly can burn bootable CDs; it can burn Knoppix after all. .
That's exactly what I was trying to do: burn a knoppix 3.8
I'm not trying to make K3b create a bootable CD. What I want is for K3b to write my iso image on the CD directly, as opposed to first creating a file system and copying the image file into it.
dd
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
ddrex

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
You might want to tell us more about what you are trying to do. K3b certainly can burn bootable CDs; it can burn Knoppix after all. .
That's exactly what I was trying to do: burn a knoppix 3.8
I think we have a case of RTFM here. A quick look at the man page showed me that there is a --isoimage switch, which I had little doubt of other than the exact name of the switch. Go to a shell and type man k3b at the prompt.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
I think we have a case of RTFM here. A quick look at the man page showed me that there is a --isoimage switch, which I had little doubt of other than the exact name of the switch. Go to a shell and type man k3b at the prompt.
Just in case someone else asks this question, the correct answer turns out to be tools->cd->burn cd image
Thanks for your help.
Similar Threads
-
By Jerry in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2009, 01:05 PM
-
By Thoth in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-27-2008, 01:37 PM
-
By Kethean in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:44 PM
-
By woodrow in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By yonder in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99