-
Junior Member
registered user
thanks for the reply....i apologize for the double post....
I have a hard drive that seems to have been wiped out or crashed....when I boot it up, all I get is OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND. More than anything, I am just trying to recover the data that is on the hard drive, and then probably replace the hard drive. Harry Kuhman suggested that I run gpart to see if we can recover the partition table, since when I boot up Knoppix, it doesn't seem to be picking up my hard drive.
I just tried gpart /dev/hda
and I get:
*** Fatal error: open(/dev/hda): Permission denied.
Similar Threads
-
By bunkeroo26 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
-
By ktas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 12:01 AM
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 10:49 AM
-
By Baraboo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good
$1099.99

USB 3.2 Metal Flash Drive High Speed Portable USB Memory Stick 1TB 2TB 4TB
$22.15