-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
OpenIntro
So it's not that I'm doing something wrong with what I am typing? Or do I have to set something up first? The first time, I got permission denied. I have listened when I power up and it sounds like the disks are spinning normally....
I don't know what's happening for you. The very first time I actually ran gpart was just now, I opened a shell and typed:
sudo gpart /dev/hda
and it made a correct evaluation of a hard disk I have as the first disk on my primary IDE controler. It also was able to do the same with a hard disk that I have as the secondary on my second IDE controler with sudo gpart /dev/hdd. It is also very handy to do a sudo gpart -v /dev/hda, which will dump out what is in the current partition table. This may go a long way in helping understand what happened.
Similar Threads
-
By bunkeroo26 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
-
By ktas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 12:01 AM
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 10:49 AM
-
By Baraboo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00