Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How do i save my settings?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3

    How do i save my settings?

    Hi,

    I'm new to Linux and not ready to install I on my HD yet, so I'm just playing around with Knoppix.

    Using Knoppix 3.7 Live CD on my Laptop.

    I noticed that my settings do not get saved, and on the next bootup, I have to reconfigure my system.

    How do I save my settings?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8
    This is because it is not on the HD. I had the same problem: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17936

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pinner, Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    2
    I am more concerned with restoring my settings, saved to floppy. Enterinf 'knoppix myconfig=scan' at the prompt wouldn't do it for me. How does knoppix locate the floppy?

Similar Threads

  1. can I save settings to HD?
    By joshknape in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 02:53 AM
  2. How do I save my settings and files?
    By Hoso001 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 06:58 AM
  3. How to save settings?
    By Akkarin in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 01:42 AM
  4. Save Config settings
    By Dooley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:48 PM
  5. Can't save any config settings
    By Dooley in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 03:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic

$299.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99