Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't find kernel image: linux

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611

    Can't find kernel image: linux

    I've never gotten this error before. I just remastered 3.8 cebit, and now I'm getting it.

    I've got a few ideas about what might be the problem, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this error before.

    1) iso too large- My total .iso size is 700.5 MB. I thought k3b overburing would handle it.

    2) isolinux.cfg possibly misconfigured (all I changed was the default cheatcodes, so I doubt it)

    3) the mkisofs script I use to produce the iso (maybe a newer version of mkisofs got installed in the course of my upgrading and I need to use different options??)....

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Can't find kernel image: linux

    Quote Originally Posted by arkaine23
    1) iso too large- My total .iso size is 700.5 MB. I thought k3b overburing would handle it.
    2) isolinux.cfg possibly misconfigured (all I changed was the default cheatcodes, so I doubt it)
    If the ISO has grown this much, something more that just changing the default cheat codes happened.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Well sure, I added KDE 3.4 and upgraded to unstable, and did a lot of GUI tweaking in the course of remastering. All standard stuff for my remaster, Overclockix. I was just trying to figure out why it can't boot.

    I guess the first step will be getting it below 700MB.....

    http://overclockix.octeams.com/ocix38.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Cannot find linux kernel
    By Stephen Grant Brown in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 08:16 AM
  2. could not find linux kernel header file for version 19
    By dtzxdtzx1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
  3. Can't find kernel image - Newbie needs help
    By ozone in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
  4. could not find kernel image: linux
    By aykuty in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:16 AM
  5. SCSI cd-rom ==> Could not find kernel image: noscsi
    By Moozie in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 07:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


BitBinders 1581DV Dual 3.5

BitBinders 1581DV Dual 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive for Commodore 8-Bit Computers READ

$429.00



 Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128  picture

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128

$79.99



TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded picture

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded

$89.50



1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON picture

1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON

$99.95



Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer picture

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer

$600.00



Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller picture

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller

$29.99



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



COMMODORE 1520 PRINTER PLOTTER FOR C64 64C +4 C128 TESTED & WORKING LX51 🖨️⎙ picture

COMMODORE 1520 PRINTER PLOTTER FOR C64 64C +4 C128 TESTED & WORKING LX51 🖨️⎙

$149.99