boot with:
knoppix nofstab
I want to have a few custom mounts in my fstab file and am looking for a way to keep it from getting clobbered when booting.
Any suggestions?
TIA
Radnor
boot with:
knoppix nofstab
ok, and if by chance you plug a usb device in (new), will it force a rebuild?
The 'nofstab' cheat code prevents the Knoppix bootup (the linuxrc script) from scanning the local drives and creating an appropriate fstab. Inserting a USB device and fstab being edited is less dependent on Knoppix itself & more dependedent on how hotplug scripts and automount are configured. Will hotplug & automount force a rebuild? perhaps it will & I don't think that 'nofstab' will prevent that.
I hope this helps.
James
Hello,
How does this work on an installed on hardrive Knoppix system? I use Grub for boot-loader, Should I put the code (knoppix nofstab) in there and how? Thank you.
I think there's been a post here by Harry about this.Originally Posted by petri
I have my own wierd way of doing it: just put the custom mounts above the first of the
# Added by KNOPPIX lines.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99