How are you trying to mount them? I find that I can mount partitions just by double clicking on the icons that you mention, they mount find (in read-only mode). Are you doing this or are you trying to use the mount command?
Hello,
I have been trying to recover some files after I cannot load windows. I boot up knoppix in knoppix26 acpi=off and I see 3 of my hard disk partitions they are labeled with [sda1] and so forth. But anyways when I am triyng to mount the hard drives I keep getting the error wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1, or to many mounted file systems. I have a sata and the filt system is nfts. Please let me know how I can mount the hard drives and recover my files. Thanks
How are you trying to mount them? I find that I can mount partitions just by double clicking on the icons that you mention, they mount find (in read-only mode). Are you doing this or are you trying to use the mount command?
When I look at my partions in windows recovery console it says 238418 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on Bus 0 on atapi [MBR] then underneath it says
-: Partition1 [fat] 31 MB,24 MB Free
C: Partition2 [Unknown] 234794 MB <234793 free>
F: Partition3 [Fat32] 3585 MB ,1071 MB Free>
unpartitioned space 8mb
I tried to double click the icon and I right clicked and went to mount neither of it worked same error message came up.
I know not of this windows recovery console of which you speak. On my Knoppix desktop I see icons for each partition. In my case these are labeled Hard Drive Partition [hda1], Hard Drive Partition [hda3], Hard Drive Partition [hda5], and so on. The a or s in the 3rd position is just an indication of a different interface, if you have an incn labeled Hard Drive Partition [hds1] then it should open in read only mode for you just by double clicking on it.Originally Posted by ajonline
What version of Knoppix are you running? The official releases up to 3.7 all work this way for me. Version 3.8 with it's new file system may be doing something different.Originally Posted by ajonline
I am using 3.7 right now I cannot get it to work for the life of me. So do you think the hard drive is just bad. Let me know what to do. Thanks
I don't know what is going on for you. My best recomendation would be to try the Knoppix CD in one or more known good computers so that you can get to know better how Knoppix does work. Then when you go back to this system that might or might not be bad you'll have some experience to contrast it to. It can be hard to switch to a completely new system for a recovery when you don't even know the status of your hardware.Originally Posted by ajonline
I was able to mount the hard drive it is sda2 partition and when I click on it a window pops up and there is no files in there and down on the window there is a green circle and it says stalled next to it. Let me know what to do. Thanks
Just, yesterday, I played with different cpu cooling programs and completely destroyed mbr, and may be the master file table (MFT) also. First winxp systed partition was fat32 and it simply disappeared from the hd. Neither dos, nor knoppix cfdisk could see this partition. Everything says: no partition, or no data on this partition. It looked like as the partition and all data were completely lost, but of course, data were still there on the hd. Winxp recovery consoler could not help also; I tried bootcfg, fixboot, and fixmbr without any success.
What I did? I started a new winxp installation on other partition (or you can make installation to the same partition, but without formatting and to different folder keepeng old data intact; let say to c:\winxp instead of c:\windows. Next, you can add to c:\boot.ini line for both windows and boot to any of these win, or simply delete the latest. During this procedure winxp checked all disk and restored MFT which is duplicated by winxp in many places, but dos or Linux read only one located at the partition beginning. Now I have my first partition and all data back (to tell the trust I can’t boot from this partition so far, and have not found jet how to fix this. But it’s not a problem, I boot from other partition).
Hope may help.
Best, Alex

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung 2.5" MZ-ZLN512C 512GB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MZ7LN512HAJQ-000H1
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB
$89.99
WD Blue DRIVE SSD 250gb Internal SATA Solid State Drive for Laptops
$39.99