So here is my problem so I want to run knoppix but automatically boots to HD and no I can't change the boot order in the bios is ther anyway I can force a cd boot?
So here is my problem so I want to run knoppix but automatically boots to HD and no I can't change the boot order in the bios is ther anyway I can force a cd boot?
OK, you can't change the boot order. But can you select a single boot device? (By the way, if not, why not?).Originally Posted by killercoder
If you can't select to boot from CD or floppy I can think of only two strategies to try:
1. Remove the HD
2. Appeal to your systems administrator.
There are other less drastic things. What make and model computer is it? Can it boot from a floppy? If you really can only boot from the hard drive (I never saw a computer that couldn't be set to boot from the floppy first though), and the computer is so old that it can't boot from CD, you can still take control of this though. Install Smart Boot Manager on the hard disk MBR or install XOSL in it's own small partition. With either of these boot managers the system will boot from the hard drive and bring up a menu, letting you boot from a hard drive partition (one or more OSs on the hard drive), a floppy, a CD, and so on. I like XOSL better, it's a little more complex but much nicer looking and more rich in features. SBM is tiny and easy to set up, not as nice looking as XOSL and lacks some of the features but either will install on a computer and let you boot a CD where you could not before. And if you can boot a floppy you can make a SBM floppy and try it from floppy without ever installing it on the hard drive.Originally Posted by fingers99
Isn't that better than removing the hard drive?

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29