-
Senior Member
registered user
I Was Already Sold Before! But this is amazing.
I was talking today with Dr. Vojsak who got me into Linux. We had a long discussion today about it.
He uses Fedora (core 3). But I can tell he is impressed with Knoppix. He was quite surprised when I told him the Knoppix found my Mad Dog USB dual layer external USB 2.0 DVD drive. I told him I was also surprised myself.
He suggested I do an experiment playing a DVD when we got to talking about if Linux can play them. YES!
His experiment:
Play a DVD in Linux while doing something else to see what would happen. Play the same DVD in Windows XP and start doing something else.
I know now that he already knew what was going to happen. I also knew already that while playing a DVD in XP I can't do ANYTHING else or the DVD starts to skip. In fact, I sometimes get hiccups even if I'm not doing anything.
So, now as I write this, I have a DVD playing in the background. I'm on line. And I'm doing an "Apt-Get Update" downloading all the latest updates while on line.
AND JUST HOW IS THE DVD PLAYING?
Perfectly. Not a hiccup. Now THAT! is impressive!!!!!
Gotta get back to the DVD 
Later,
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By coldturkey in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
-
By k57 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$221.00