-
Senior Member
registered user
Windows XP: The Final Chapter
That's it! I've had it. M$ just announced another big round of patches. Patches to patch the re-patch of the previous patch and some new patches that will undoubtedly have to also be patched later on to fix what the patches broke.
No more downloading security update patches to the most patched OS in the history of the world. If I'm going to be spending time on line, it will be on MY time, downloading Linux apps.
This morning I booted into Windows XP and disabled my modem.
WoW! That was soooo simple. I can still use the OS for the few things I can't do in Knoppix. I'm hardly using XP anymore so, no biggie.
Whew! I feel so much better.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By coldturkey in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
-
By k57 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00