Hi... I've tried to start Nessus (nessusd -D) but none to do.
The standard routine ( nessus-mkcert... and nessus-adduser ) seems to not functions. Anyone knows the problem or use nessus on Knoppix right?
bye
![]()
Hi... I've tried to start Nessus (nessusd -D) but none to do.
The standard routine ( nessus-mkcert... and nessus-adduser ) seems to not functions. Anyone knows the problem or use nessus on Knoppix right?
bye
![]()
I have Knoppix 3.2 from 3-30 installed to hdd and Nessus works fine for me.
You've got to be logged in as rot to config nessus.
Open a terminal and su to root then do nessusd -D, nessus-mkcert, and nessus-adduser. Once done close the term and start the proggy from the menu. Log in as the user you made.
Be careful using nessus. It can get you into some serious trouble.
That sounds like a "I've been there and it ain't pretty" kind of warning.Originally Posted by Tiger
![]()
Naw, just used it in my SCNP classes.That sounds like a "I've been there and it ain't pretty" kind of warning
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!![]()

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99