I have Knoppix 3.2 from 3-30 installed to hdd and Nessus works fine for me.
Hi... I've tried to start Nessus (nessusd -D) but none to do.
The standard routine ( nessus-mkcert... and nessus-adduser ) seems to not functions. Anyone knows the problem or use nessus on Knoppix right?
bye
![]()
I have Knoppix 3.2 from 3-30 installed to hdd and Nessus works fine for me.
You've got to be logged in as rot to config nessus.
Open a terminal and su to root then do nessusd -D, nessus-mkcert, and nessus-adduser. Once done close the term and start the proggy from the menu. Log in as the user you made.
Be careful using nessus. It can get you into some serious trouble.
That sounds like a "I've been there and it ain't pretty" kind of warning.Originally Posted by Tiger
![]()
Naw, just used it in my SCNP classes.That sounds like a "I've been there and it ain't pretty" kind of warning
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!![]()

Vintage Apple Macintosh Ethernet Network Card 820-0207-A 1987 NuBus Adapter
$55.00
Vintage Apple Mac A1048 White Wired Full Size Keyboard w/ 2 USB Ports TESTED
$22.89
Vintage 1991 Apple Keyboard II M0487 ADB Rare
$45.00
Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99
Ramworks III Vintage Apple IIe Computer Memory Card
$65.00
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh SE, II ADB Desktop Bus Vintage M0116 ORANGE ALPS
$129.99
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Apple IIe Vintage Motherboard 820-0064-B/607-0164-M 1982
$90.00
Vintage Apple Support Card Lot of 15 Classic Macintosh Computer Apple Logo Cards
$34.99
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99