I have Knoppix 3.2 from 3-30 installed to hdd and Nessus works fine for me.
Hi... I've tried to start Nessus (nessusd -D) but none to do.
The standard routine ( nessus-mkcert... and nessus-adduser ) seems to not functions. Anyone knows the problem or use nessus on Knoppix right?
bye
![]()
I have Knoppix 3.2 from 3-30 installed to hdd and Nessus works fine for me.
You've got to be logged in as rot to config nessus.
Open a terminal and su to root then do nessusd -D, nessus-mkcert, and nessus-adduser. Once done close the term and start the proggy from the menu. Log in as the user you made.
Be careful using nessus. It can get you into some serious trouble.
That sounds like a "I've been there and it ain't pretty" kind of warning.Originally Posted by Tiger
![]()
Naw, just used it in my SCNP classes.That sounds like a "I've been there and it ain't pretty" kind of warning
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!![]()

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
TFORCE DELTA 32GB RAM RGB (16Gx2)
$150.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00
TeamGroup T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000Mz (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory
$188.00