I had the same problem and the easy solution for it was suggested by UnderScore, When you exit the X while remastering close Kmix manually, in this case it won't appear on remastered version.
Nikolay
Sometimes when I remaster, kmix doesn't want to start minimized. I've tried saving sessions, and editing the 45xsession script so that rsync'ing from the /usr/share/knoppix profile doesn't overwrite my cusotmized /etc/skel settings... And still sometimes kmix will popup when starting kde. Well I discovered that in terminals started in kde you can:
dcop kmix kmix-mainwindow#1 hide
And that will make the window minimize back to the tray. I'm not so sure about ~/.kde/Autostart, but I think a script like this would work. I haven't yet rebuilt my cloop to verify this works, but it should. I set variables for user and host because this is going in /etc/skel/.kde/Autostart and so ppl installing my remaster would have new users created with this script in Autostart and they might also choose their own hostname rather than the default, Knoppix.
#!/bin/sh
user=`whoami`
host=`hostname -s`
DCOPSERVER=`cat /home/$user/.DCOPSERVER_$host_:0 | grep local`
export DCOPSERVER
dcop kmix kmix-mainwindow#1 hide
I'll test this out to be sure, and if it works it should be wikified and maybe added to the how-to use remastering scripts thread that floats around....
I wanted to post this as its own thread since searching google and these forums did not turn up much of anything on the subject.
I had the same problem and the easy solution for it was suggested by UnderScore, When you exit the X while remastering close Kmix manually, in this case it won't appear on remastered version.
Nikolay
Nikolay is right. In the remastering process, when I am done using the KDE GUI, right before I end my KDE session, I right click the kmix icon in the tray and quit it. Then exit the session & continue the remastering (making the compressedFS, ISO). When I reboot off the new ISO image, the kmix icon is now minimized to the tray.Originally Posted by Nikolay
The script works, and would prevent kmix from ever strting in window mode.
I tried what UnderScore suggeted and he is right, it did hide Kmix.

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00