Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need help with PINE email program

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    Need help with PINE email program

    Hello. I have KNOPPIX v. 3.7 on laptop. I am using the UNIX email program called PINE. I am wondering if there are any KNOPPIX users who are familiar with or use PINE. I downloaded the file from Washington State University website. I got the LINUX version. I ran the installer and the program works fine except for 1 thing. I cannot seem to RECIEVE anything in my inbox. I have it configured to recieve a few newsgroups with no trouble, and I can SEND email out with no trouble. I have an email account with my ISP and maybe thats the problem. I might not have the "POP" mail set up right in PINE. I dont remember seeing any references to POP mail in the configuration setup. Just stmp. I was able to configure pop service using KMAIL with no trouble. Just to see if things were working. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. bob

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    never mind! I found solution

    I needed to set my inbox path to my pop server.....all set!

Similar Threads

  1. MiniKnoppix and email
    By John Richards in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 08:37 AM
  2. Knoppix / Pine / Sendmail ???
    By kevin05jan in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 12:05 AM
  3. Email Server
    By Rink in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
  4. Pine
    By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2 picture

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2

$135.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121 picture

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121

$69.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99



AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb picture

AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb

$400.00