Open a console window and sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd?? to mount the windows drive with root permission.
[edit]
Replace the ?? with the number of the partition and the drive you want to write to.
[/edit]
I am sorry to post a simple question.
I have failed to find the answer in the FAQs or this Forum.
I boot from a Knoppix Linux 3.2 CD
My FAT32 HDD is not writable.
I set it read-write by way of the desktop icon for it and properties.
I run sh
I cd to a directory which is writable in Windows.
I try the simple command
echo > hello
The response is
Read-only file system
I am really new to administering a system.
I infer that a script is run while booting.
I assume it is possible to jump to a script on the hdd if I want to alter it.
What should I read?
Open a console window and sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd?? to mount the windows drive with root permission.
[edit]
Replace the ?? with the number of the partition and the drive you want to write to.
[/edit]
that doesnt work!!!
Exactly what doesn't work? What do you type and do, what messages do you get back?
Try the tips from the following topic:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1279
i tried those tips and i can write to the hda1. but i cant edit /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig cos its read-only.
any suggestions?

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90