Odd that an internal CD Rom should cease work. How do you know it has?
I ran the Knoppix Live CD just fine, and it worked good with the "tohd" and "fromhd" cheat codes. I like it so well, that I did a full install to the hard drive using the install option from the menu when Knoppix was loaded from the CD. However, after the HDD installation was complete, my internal CD-ROM and my external USB CD-ROM drives stopped being detected. Any ideas? My other USB devices seem to be working.
Odd that an internal CD Rom should cease work. How do you know it has?
for example, if I put the Knoppix CD in the internal drive, then go to /mnt/auto/cdrom to view its contents, I can't see anything.
What happens if you just click on the icon?
What is the /etc/fstab
(do
gvim /etc/fstab and copy and paste the line over)
entry for the CDrom?
That was the other weird thing. After the full install, I no longer had desktop icons for cd-rom drives or the hdd. I'll have to look at the /fstab. Don't know what it says yet.
Thanks for the help, but I think my problem was my ignorance.

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99
$75.00
CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00