Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HDD Install to USB2 disk and using on multiple computers?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8

    HDD Install to USB2 disk and using on multiple computers?

    Is it possible to do a full HDD install (knoppix-installer) to a external USB hard drive and use it to boot from multiple machines?

    Today I have a PMI on the disk which boots with GRUB without any problems on all machines I've tried so far. What I would like is to have a full install so I could for example edit something in the /etc/ folder and still use it on multiple machines.

    Is this possible?

    /w

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    35
    I think that UNIONFS will make what you want to do possible anyway, once 3.8.1 is released, by using a USB pendrive (or I suppose a USB hard drive) to save changes you make. That way, you don't need to do a full install.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.johnson
    I think that UNIONFS will make what you want to do possible anyway, once 3.8.1 is released, by using a USB pendrive (or I suppose a USB hard drive) to save changes you make. That way, you don't need to do a full install.
    thanks, then I'll wait for that release.

Similar Threads

  1. 1 Linux for 3 diferent computers on a disk bracket help me??
    By Stevendefeij in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 03:56 PM
  2. Using apt- get to install multiple packages at once?
    By d3viant in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 09:15 PM
  3. Help with multiple install
    By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 12:23 PM
  4. hdd install using multiple partitions
    By wfharvey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 05:58 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive... picture

Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive...

$149.99



Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse

$350.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition picture

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition

$199.99



Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15

Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15" Pentium II 400MHz 128MB 4.8GB Windows 2000 Pro

$59.00



15pc Vintage Networking Electronics Lot Netgear Linksys D-Link Roku Untested picture

15pc Vintage Networking Electronics Lot Netgear Linksys D-Link Roku Untested

$85.00



Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25

Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM

$175.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99