Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HDD Install to USB2 disk and using on multiple computers?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8

    HDD Install to USB2 disk and using on multiple computers?

    Is it possible to do a full HDD install (knoppix-installer) to a external USB hard drive and use it to boot from multiple machines?

    Today I have a PMI on the disk which boots with GRUB without any problems on all machines I've tried so far. What I would like is to have a full install so I could for example edit something in the /etc/ folder and still use it on multiple machines.

    Is this possible?

    /w

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    35
    I think that UNIONFS will make what you want to do possible anyway, once 3.8.1 is released, by using a USB pendrive (or I suppose a USB hard drive) to save changes you make. That way, you don't need to do a full install.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.johnson
    I think that UNIONFS will make what you want to do possible anyway, once 3.8.1 is released, by using a USB pendrive (or I suppose a USB hard drive) to save changes you make. That way, you don't need to do a full install.
    thanks, then I'll wait for that release.

Similar Threads

  1. 1 Linux for 3 diferent computers on a disk bracket help me??
    By Stevendefeij in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 03:56 PM
  2. Using apt- get to install multiple packages at once?
    By d3viant in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 09:15 PM
  3. Help with multiple install
    By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 12:23 PM
  4. hdd install using multiple partitions
    By wfharvey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 05:58 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010 picture

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010

$64.95



READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop picture

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop

$299.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots picture

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots

$850.00



Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord picture

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord

$49.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage

$99.00