Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Step by step guide in making bootable Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1

    Step by step guide in making bootable Knoppix

    Hi

    I have download the "KNOPPIX_V3.7-2004-12-08-EN.iso" and have done the checksum.
    I just brought a brand new system

    How do i create a bootable using Nero 6 express.

    I have tried making it by following the instruction
    "Make a bootable disc",
    "Use standard boot image" English US,
    "Writing speed" 52x (7,800KB/s) & 48x (7,200KBs)
    .....still cant boot.

    Have tried make data dice.... cant work

    Have tried "CDBurnerXP Pro 3"... cant work.

    Please HELP

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    A fellow forum user made this guide.
    http://www.rocketfodder.pwp.blueyond...Nero_page1.htm

    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30

    Re: Step by step guide in making bootable Knoppix

    First of all, what did simply double-clicking the downloaded file launch? I've generally had success just letting the apps figure out how to handle the file by it's extension. Trying to manually open it from within the app sometimes results in just burning a copy of the ISO to CD rather than creating a bootable filesystem.

    Secondly, I've had good luck in every Windows computer I've used it on with a freeware program called "BurnAtOnce." See here:
    http://www.burnatonce.com/index.htm?downloads

    I like it because it is tiny, non-invasive, and gives a lot more textual info on what it is doing than the stuff that generally comes with pre-loaded burners. I normally go ahead and let it associate itself with ISO and CUE files, but that's your choice.

Similar Threads

  1. Could someone write a step-by-step tutorial for Knoppix?
    By milzux in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
  2. Step by step install of Knoppix 3.4 required
    By Rod F. in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 04:04 AM
  3. looking for basic step by step how to install device drivers
    By hnash53 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 02:33 PM
  4. How I run multiple Knoppix versions from a CD-Step by Step
    By Craig Caughlin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 08:10 PM
  5. Step-by-step=>Insert new drivers on knoppix cd
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99