-
Junior Member
registered user
Problem with "toram" option with my remaster
I did a remaster of KNOPPIX 3.7, which boots nice from cdrom.
Now I need to park the compressed KNOPPIX file on HD and boot from there - like boot-from-hd and copy-to-ram
I am usung Grub with the toram option.
It starts booting, copies the files to /cdrom2
and then:
Warning: changing to /cdrom2 failed
cat /proc/cmdline:
toram noswap nodhcp noeject noprompt ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=de apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=linux24
after boot from my remaster CD:
/dev/root on / type ext2 (rw)
/dev/shm on /cdrom type tmpfs (ro)
/dev/cloop on /KNOPPIX type iso9660 (ro)
/ramdisk on /ramdisk type tmpfs (rw,size=145364k)
/proc/bus/usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw,devmode=0666)
after boot my remaster from HD:
/dev/root on / type ext2 (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /cdrom type vfat (ro) <<------ I DONT WANT THIS 
/dev/cloop on /KNOPPIX type iso9660 (ro)
/ramdisk on /ramdisk type tmpfs (rw,size=139836k)
/proc/bus/usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw,devmode=0666)
Is there a bug in the linuxrc script or did i use the wrong bootoptions ?
I really need to unmount all harddisks for dd and ...(forensik analysis)
Any ideas?
thanx
gromit
-
Senior Member
registered user
Gromit;
The toram option requires 1GB of RAM for a standard KNOPPIX CD.
It may not apply to Linux24 but only to Linux26.
I had to change the linuxrc listing for SIZE=800000 to a new value of 1000000 to be successful i n TORAM with my attempts.
I described these attempts in the forums, under my lilsirecho listings. I have not tried to do it with Linux24.
I had to change the listing to 3000MB in a TORAM of a DVD after changing the minirt26.gz to the KNOPPIX CD version.
Perhaps you are still interested?
Similar Threads
-
By Dietmar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-02-2006, 11:10 PM
-
By The Japanese Geek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 11:35 PM
-
By roguesupport in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 06:38 PM
-
By metavoid in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 11:13 PM
-
By helmingstay in forum Ideas
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 02:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99