I'm pretty sure kanotix uses squashfs instead of cloop for compression. So the mkisofs command to build the comrpessed system would be different (much simpler in fact).
Did any body remaster Kanotex? I tried but got lots of problems. Do I need to do any thing different than Kanoppix?
I'm pretty sure kanotix uses squashfs instead of cloop for compression. So the mkisofs command to build the comrpessed system would be different (much simpler in fact).
arkaine23
Thanks for reply. Do you have an idea what mkisofs commands I should use instead of the following:
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -publisher "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/sda4/knx/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs -b - 65536 > /mnt/sda4/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
and this:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/grub/iso9660_stage1_5 -c boot/grub/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/sda4/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/sda4/knx/master
It's something simple like:
mksqaushfs [source] [destination]
replaces the first mkisofs command, the second stays the same. I've never messed with it except installing the kernel patch and squashfs_tools. So you can search these forums to verify the syntax.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99