Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need help with PINE email program

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    Need help with PINE email program

    Hello. I have KNOPPIX v. 3.7 on laptop. I am using the UNIX email program called PINE. I am wondering if there are any KNOPPIX users who are familiar with or use PINE. I downloaded the file from Washington State University website. I got the LINUX version. I ran the installer and the program works fine except for 1 thing. I cannot seem to RECIEVE anything in my inbox. I have it configured to recieve a few newsgroups with no trouble, and I can SEND email out with no trouble. I have an email account with my ISP and maybe thats the problem. I might not have the "POP" mail set up right in PINE. I dont remember seeing any references to POP mail in the configuration setup. Just stmp. I was able to configure pop service using KMAIL with no trouble. Just to see if things were working. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. bob

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    never mind! I found solution

    I needed to set my inbox path to my pop server.....all set!

Similar Threads

  1. MiniKnoppix and email
    By John Richards in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 08:37 AM
  2. Knoppix / Pine / Sendmail ???
    By kevin05jan in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 12:05 AM
  3. Email Server
    By Rink in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
  4. Pine
    By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS picture

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS

$249.98



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99