-
Junior Member
registered user
HDD install changes active partition??
Hello, I am using knoppix on a secondary partition, but when I use it, I have to set the active partition to the proper partition before I can boot. What is going on? Is there a fix? Any help would be appreciated, as some people don't appreciate DOS much...
-
Senior Member
registered user
DOS?
More information about your system would help. How did you install Knoppix? Do you use a bootloader like LILO or GrUB or the one that comes with XP? What partitions are on your hard drive, and what's installed on them?
-- Ed
-
Senior Member
registered user
Code:
clarjonl ...
Hi,
Yes more info please. Could you just go to your bios, key "F1" or "del" during the initial boot. And change the sequence to look for a cdrom boot first. Or use Smart Boot Manager copied to a floppy if that dosen't work, and boot the cd via the floppy.
And post the output of ...
]# cfdisk -Pt /dev/hda
Please put "code tages arount the output so it's more readable too ...
If you hover your curser above the "code" button ontop of the submit edit box, it will describe it self.
>>
Hello, I am using knoppix on a secondary partition,
>>
I'll guess ... An extended-logical ???
>>
but when I use it, I have to set the active partition to the proper partition before I can boot.
>>
I'll guess ... Your first primary, probably windows. That makes no sense ???
>>
What is going on? Is there a fix?
>>
If you can post the above, people will be able to tell whats where by the filesystem id numbers. So yep, there probably is a fix.
jm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Similar Threads
-
By jiohdi in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By Pumpino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 03:07 AM
-
By ZMK in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 03:57 AM
-
By spectralshadows in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 05:20 PM
-
By knut in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99