Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Overclockix 3.8 released

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611

    Overclockix 3.8 released


    This pic is of the chroot environment, which is to say I haven't recompressed it or built the iso (and that's why some of superkaramba's data is empty). I still have work to do configuring fluxbox and icewm.

    !!!New!!! - You'll be able to edit just about every file and install/remove software while running from CD thanks to unionfs. Changes would not be saved across a reboot of course without a little extra work and HDD space....




    Get it Here
    Highlights

    By no means is this a complete list of what's been added.

    UI's- KDE 3.4 | icewm | wmaker | fluxbox

    2.6.11 kernel (support for lots of wireless cards added)
    chntpw (windows password-changer and registry editor)
    smarter folding service (up to 8 clients auto-generated)
    folding log webpage generator (see folding@home info)
    boinc
    mprime
    cpuburn
    memtest86
    cpudyn (for mobile cpu's)
    powertweak
    prelink (use prelink -amR regularly)
    lm-sensors
    gkrellm
    ksensors
    bonnie++
    nvclock
    zsplit & unzsplit
    j2re 5.0
    flash/java/vlc/acroread/mplayer mozilla-firefox plugins
    firefox (tweaked a little for speed)
    thunderbird
    openoffice
    gimp
    unionfs (allows writing to entire filesystem when booted live)
    ndis-wrapper
    captive-ntfs (2.6.11 is supposed to have safe ntfs writing support, but I tossed this in anyway, it will not work until a new patch comes out however)
    mplayer & w32codecs
    vlc
    gftp & ncftp
    mldonkey-gui
    extra truetype fonts
    bittornado
    new themes/styles/window decorations (new look is slick)
    New kspalsh, openoffice spalsh
    superkaramba & themes
    kweather
    filelight (this is a neat gui disk useage display)
    New service menus (managing iso's, run as root, edit as root, scan with f-prot)
    f-prot (virus-scanner)
    updated to newest packages (unstable)
    preconfigured samba shares (root and home)
    smb4k (samba browser)
    knemo (network monitor)
    synaptic (package manager GUI)
    nano (easy text editor)
    silver xcursors
    nxclient (remote x server/client)
    rdesktop (Windows remote desktop client)
    vnc server and client
    konsolewrap (displays working directory on konsole buttons)
    bibletime
    john (password cracker)
    webmin
    wine

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Looks like one major bug slipped under the radar. For those who d/l'ed on 04-07-05, please try again. The links are removed for now, but the iso will be available by 7:30 PM EST on 04-08-05.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67

    md5sum?

    Is the md5sum on the Overclockix site correct? I just finished getting the torrent this afternoon
    and the md5 doesn't match. But it seems to work fine so far. This is my first ever attempt with
    Linux and it's great! Thanks Arkaine!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Thanks! Replaced the old md5sum with the correct one.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67

    Posted on emule

    I've posted the iso on emule today with the md5 so those without BT can grab it. BT really slows
    down my PC sometimes.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17

    Wishing to obtain Overclockix

    I have been looking for an http download of Overclockix. The reason why is because at my work I have a T1 connection. I can download a 700MB iso image in less than 1 hour 30 minutes with http. However, when I use a bti torrent client to get Overclockix, the download crawls because there aren't enough seeders. Also, I can't just leave the download running when I leave as the computer I use isn't mine. I just use it because I can burn CD's on that machine. Please help, I am mainly interested in Overclockix as I am a PC Technician and I am interested in the diagnostic features Overclockix has.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    17
    Hey everyone, I got me a copy of Overclockix 3.8 today from the Torrent. Thanks anyways.[/img]

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Decatur Il
    Posts
    17
    Does Overclockix use the same boot Cheatcodes as Knoppix ?
    Thanks
    Larry

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Maud_Dib
    Does Overclockix use the same boot Cheatcodes as Knoppix ?
    Thanks
    Larry
    Overclockix should use the same cheat codes. Most Knoppix derivatives use the same cheat codes.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1

    Boot problems

    Hi all,
    I have downloaded A copy of Overclockix 3.8 (md5 ok) , I burn it on cd , but when I boot it stop when loading KDE at 3th icon: no errors, no freeze ( mouse working ), but no HDD and CD activities.
    Same results on 2 PC , work only on VmWare.
    Can someboby help me?
    Can be that because I boot from a DVD drive?
    Thanks
    regards
    alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Overclockix 3.8
    By encryptedmatrix in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 04:39 PM
  2. Overclockix 3.7 released
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 06:02 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
  4. Overclockix
    By jshah329 in forum General Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 08:27 PM
  5. New remaster- Overclockix
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00



Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6

Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan

$165.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$119.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77