Try: apt-get linux-kernel-headers
If it doesn't help try changing line 305 of /usr/include/bits/socket.h from "#include <asm/socket.h>" to "#include </usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/socket.h>
I installed knoppix 3.6 on hard disk.
I tried to recompile kernel: I unpacked source kernel 2.6.11 in /usr/src/linux. I copied /boot/config-2.6.7 there but this is what happens:
root@haus:/usr/src/linux# make menuconfig
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:23,
from scripts/basic/fixdep.c:115:
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:305:24: asm/socket.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1
make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
What do it means? I did the same procedure with debian which worked. What changes in knoppix?
Thank you helping me! I am destroied by this problem...
Try: apt-get linux-kernel-headers
If it doesn't help try changing line 305 of /usr/include/bits/socket.h from "#include <asm/socket.h>" to "#include </usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/socket.h>

EARLY INTEL 3101 Vintage Ceramic chip. ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$350.00
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ
$160.00
Rare Vintage Qume QVT-102 Terminal w Keyboard Damaged READ
$129.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
MOS MCS1026 Vintage Ceramic Chip - missing multiple legs (BO)
$250.00
Zilog Z80A-P10 Z80 Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$150.00
INTEL C3404 VINTAGE Ceramic Gray Trace Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$250.00
Vintage Sony CD-ROM Drive CDU5211 IDE Optical Used
$19.99
HP OmniBook 425 Vintage Computer RARE Computer Only WORKS W/Flashdisk
$299.99