-
Is there a limit on how big NTFS partition Knoppix can load?
I have a crashed HDD that is on WinXP with Two Partitions
The boot partitions reads fine but I cannot load the Second partition.
It comes back with an error that says that I may have too many devices
mounted but this is the ONLY HD I have connected. It is a SATA 120GB
I was wondering if there is some size limitation on reading these partitions?
THanks in advance!
HSP
-
Senior Member
registered user
There shouldn't be. Can you post what you're using to mount each partition?
-
I'm using the latest build of the Knoppix Live CD
The first Partition runs fine (with the exception of
bad areas) where it hangs...
But I cannot get the second partition to be recognized.
I'm not mounting it manually, just booting off the CD
and then just clicking on the icon HDA1 and it opens
up a browser window with that partitions contents.
Both of the partitions are about 70GB
HSP
-
Senior Member
registered user
sounds like a bad disk getting worse
Similar Threads
-
By computerguy9 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-08-2009, 08:40 PM
-
By howellerx in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2008, 10:56 PM
-
By zette in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By Chefren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2005, 09:21 AM
-
By wooac in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

PfSense: 4x1Gb 4x10Gb 2x40Gb, E3-1275 v5, 32GB, 80GB, AES-NI (Supermicro X11SSW)
$359.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Ubiquiti Cloud Key Gen2 Plus UniFi Controller 1TB HDD
$105.00