Knoppix didn't detect my soundcard but it did see and configured usb, firewire (both through hotplug), and pcmcia. I have none installed.
I got it to work by using the cheatcodes nousb nofirewire nopcmcia at the ISOLINUX bootpromt (actually only nousb was necessary).
To determine wether or not Knoppix could see the card I ran pnpdump. If it can't see it, pnpdump stops with segmentation fault.
After I knew the system could see the card I ran modconf and installed the driver.
That's it. Hope someone finds it useful.

Used Wyse WY-55 Vintage CRT Terminal with keyboard WORKS
$250.00
Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW
$1000.00
Vintage NICE Plus 486 USA Motherboard Intel i486 DX2 CPU Manual Expansion Card
$224.99
Kensington System Saver Fan for Vintage Early Mac WORKS
$119.00
Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030
$149.00
Vintage Apple III VisiCalc III User Manual & Reference Card UNTESTED
$175.00
(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is
$170.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE Dell Dimension XPS D233-Pentium II-128MB Ram 13.5GB HDD Matrix GFx W98SE
$229.99
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99